This recipe is sure to bring back the nostalgia of Quaker brown sugar oats, the aroma of some freshly ground cardamom in your chai, and the sweetness of freshly baked cinnamon rolls on a Sunday morning. Starting your day off with a wholesome, fiber fueled meal will keep you satiated and energized–whether you are doing a one or two meal fast, or just looking for a healthy alternative to namkeen nastha during Paryushan.
I mean, doesn’t that just look like a hug from the inside in a bowl?? It’s got cozy written all over it!
Cardamom Cinnamon Roll Oats
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 medjool date, chopped roughly (optional, avoid during Paryushan)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the cinnamon swirl:
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Add together all oatmeal ingredients in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Whisk together
- Bring to a boil and then cover and lower temp to a simmer, stirring intermittently to combine for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, heat coconut oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon and stir until mostly dissolved
- Scoop up oats into a bowl, and drizzle over the cinnamon swirl. Serve hot!
If you like this recipe and want to see more like it, be sure to subscribe to the blog and follow Pinki’s Palate on Instagram! I love seeing your creations, so tag @pinkispalate on Instagram if you make this recipe!