Whether you are wandering down a busy Mexico city street or catching a rickshaw to Bombay’s Chowpatti beach, there is nothing better than getting a taste of local “secret-recipe” street food! Here is a fun fusion of two of my favorite cuisines and street foods!
Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 cup Bhel mix
- 1 handful tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (I used the mini ones)
- Handful of lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup roasted corn
- 1/2 cup cooked beans (black, pinto, or kidney)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- lemon juice to taste
- Jain Salsa (to turn it into mango-peach habañero salsa: skip the corn and peppers, +add 1/2 peach diced + add 1/2 mango diced & sub jalapeño for 1/2 habañero pepper for a real kick!)
Directions: Just mix it all together! Top with mango-peach habañero salsa. Serve immediately.